So Jesus...

You can't be Martha to Jesus and expect to raise up Mary's before Him. I went to different Cleveland basketball courts and did evangelism every single day last week. Looking back, I was telling people about how great Jesus is without spending time with Him myself. The best kind of evangelism is when I get to tell the truth about Jesus; He's alive and well and His resurrection Spirit lives in me.

This is what the Arab kid who plays frisbee with me every week has got to see. It's what young men unable to get past self worship are missing. They need to see me/us/leaders seeing Jesus and different because of it, not the self-centered pursuit of ministry excellence.

This week I'm with some of our Cleveland kids at Camp Patmos and leading worship there. Thinking about all that could be in the future - possibly working working on my doctorate this fall, taking back the West Bethel building for ministry, my hopes and dreams for God's work in the lives of many Cleveland teens, getting married even - the Spirit is reminding me that Jesus is all I ever need.

May God help me to enjoy Him in the moment, may the kids finally taste and see that He is good, and may my ministry/evangelism be fed on knowing and loving the real Jesus who created every good thing (e.g. coffee).


Comments