In Step With God

Two steps forward, one step back. One of my boys threatened another with a knife. "I'm going to cut your head off so that it's rolling in the street." One drops off the radar, another cusses me out, and one from months ago walks back into church. It seems like I pour all of my time into individuals with little avail. However, it's God's time that I am pouring and His timing in these young lives. God was not born in the microwave generation, and I am neither effective nor qualified to measure the impact He is making in hearts and lives.

Looking back over the last few years in Cleveland, going "Jesus-centered" was the formational step (and work in progress). He is at the center of all of my teaching, all of my discipling, all of my hopes and dreams, why I step back out on the streets. For this reason (Jesus), even when the guys I love like Jamar, Christian, JP, and Ronald take one step back, Jesus hasn't moved a bit from the center; He's good like that. I am encouraged today that all timing, all purpose, and every step forward is safe in the hands of Jesus. Outside of Him, there is no such thing as security... And no step toward Him is wasted.

Pray for CityView as we are going to three different Cleveland parks on a weekly basis to hoop and have Jesus conversations.




Comments