Life

I did not get to visit my sister in Florida this month. My parents had found an amazing deal on a flight, but it got cancelled the morning of. It was a God thing though. It led to me meeting Nacho (Ignacio). As exciting as I am about the big things that God is doing in Cleveland, so much of ministry comes down to relationships. I had seen this guy once before at the City Life Center; bumping into him on the street this week led to several hours of conversation between him, Cardin, and me. Since then, it's been just about every day. The dude is hungry for relationship, and I hope that He can see through us to only relationship that satisfies: relationship with Jesus.

"It is the thesis of my life that outside of Christ there is existence but no such thing as life." - Matt Chandler

Nacho is the is the first post-high school guy we've met who lives in the community. (He literally lives down the street from me.) One awesome thing that has been happening in addition to all the outreach and evangelism is seeing the leaders, the young adults, the Jesus-followers to whom our teens look, all of us getting together on Wednesday nights just to pray for an hour. I think we had 17 college-aged people there last week, not there to play games, there to pray for an hour. Nacho has come to see what we are all about. Pray that the Spirit would call and he would answer; I want Nacho to connect to something - to Someone - who is real and Who turns lives upside down.

"Christianity is not about coming to a place or set of beliefs; it's coming to a Person." - C. S. Lewis, Surprised by Joy

P. S. I am seeing Ronald and Mike take that sanctification step, though oh so slowly, but there is life. We are meeting Thursday nights at BK: Mike, Jesse, Ronald, and me. It's good to take two aside from the chaos of Man Time (which yesterday put thirteen teens and three leaders in our 10' x 19' apartment living room). As all four of us wade through real life and real sin problems, this is the verse on my heart.

Romans 8:11
"And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, then He who raised Christ from the dead will also bring your mortal bodies to life through His Spirit who lives in you."

Comments