On the Move

It is a hard thing to put a whole week of God at work into just a few paragraphs. The nerd in me wants you to know through all of this that "Aslan is on the move." That was the phrase C. S. Lewis used to communicate the energy, buzz, and anticipation of the Redeemer in a cold, dark world.

I feel that kind of excitement when I saw Tyler understand and communicate the gospel completely last Thursday. Alfonzo comes to Man Time as an outspoken atheist and skeptic, but his deep questions led into to a long conversation which eventually captivated the group. We did a lot of drawing on easel pads, and it boiled down to the inadequacy of all religion and sufficiency of Jesus.

Several of the kids we have the closest relationship with disappeared this week. Christian looked up to me so much and even called me "daddy." His biological father is long gone and step-father is an abuser. That's what led his mom to take his four full brothers and one full sister to run away. Some of the boys seemed to have been so close to understanding the gospel, and then they were just gone. Julia is definitely terrified that we will never see them again.

They have a lot of needs, and we pray that, where fathers and husbands have failed, that they will find God to be ultimate provider. This week it literally took my breath away. My finances are totally in His hands. I ask Him alone. He came through in an incredible way at just the right moment. Way before I even knew about the needs I would have, God was already working in someone's heart hundreds of miles away to put that check in the mail.

Psalm 81:10
"I am Yahweh your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it."

Comments