Count the Costs for Yourself

I lost my car key downtown last week. Scouring the streets, a woman approached me and mentioned seeing a homeless man throw something away at the coffee shop where I'd been earlier that morning. Rushing and digging through the trash, people around me chuckled. It was unbelievable how the right person came at just the right time and told me just where to look, the most unexpected place. God was looking out even in the little things. You wonder if His Spirit is not in the middle of something so critical as compelling lost souls to Jesus? All we do is tell them where to look.

It is hard to believe that in the week since I last wrote, Mike has come to know that "Jesus is worth it" in his words. And the unbelievers around him have already noted the change.

Matthew 13:45-46
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls. When he found one priceless pearl, he went and sold everything he had, and bought it."

The whole culture of worship comes to life in somebody who recognizes the pearl of great price. God is on a mission to create worshipers. When religious people are looking for something to complain about in their church, usually the worship style is near the top of the list. New believers with irreligious backgrounds are on a completely different page. When I look out from the front while leading worship, in a sea of blank stares, Mike's face says it all.

With regard to the "big things," I am asking God to move me back into the city. I chose a path less traveled in how I do serve God. And though this way seemed to offer little in way of financial security, God has honored my desire to be debt free and has provided through his people for me to near completion of a graduate seminary program. I want an every-increasing confidence in the faithfulness of God. Please pray.


Comments