Into the Fire

I gave my mind and my heart to Jesus as a child, but even demons know of God and that He is in the business of redeeming.

James 2:18-19
"But someone will say, 'You have faith, and I have works.' Show me your faith without works, and I will show you faith from my works. You believe that God is one; you do well. The demons also believe - and they shudder."

It was my will that He did not have. It is my will that He demands. Without the giving of my will, my faith was incomplete. And without faith it is impossible to please God.

Matthew 16:24-25
“Then Jesus said to His disciples, ‘If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will find it.'"

I had never sang in front of a soul before, but God has a calling on my heart. Into the fire I went to sing "If I Stand" by Rich Mullins, a solo from the piano. God has taught me that no matter how I sound, my mind, heart, and will must be for Him.

That happened on March 10th, 2014. A little bit of obedience led to worship at camp and, in the fall of 2014, leading at CityView.

God, thank you for using me in spite of me.

Comments